Friday, March 02, 2007

Editor Position: Clarification (March 8)

Remember that the editor assigns stories and makes final decisions on readiness for publication. The final proofreading or copy editing I can do just before the piece goes "live"! I, of course, will appreciate good clean text with little for me to do . . .

Also, it's not really necessary for everyone to do a weekly piece. A big splash will be nice. If we don't have something ready for a features page, then a short piece of text to explain what kinds of articles will appear would be helpful.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I’d like to be an editor if I were good at grammar.

Stacey said...

Hi Brad.

I don't know what your work load is like but I'm comfortable with you being editor and chief. I don't know that any of us are as well equipped to handle that job as you are.

Brad said...

Perhaps on the final draft stage, Stacey, but only as a consulting editor or some such. A student newspaper needs a student editor. I can help with that student's questions, of course.

And, I'd be happy to maintain the "More on Writing" page as a project of mine.

Stacey said...

Hi All.

I will be the editor as long as Brad has the patience it will take to coddle me with it.(lol) Also, everyone has to be in agreement I suppose. Anybody else out there interested?